Title: Project Manager
Reports to: Production Manager
Objective: To create satisfied homeowners who will refer us to others by overseeing all aspects of construction of the homes Atlantic Builders Builds. Ensure all homes are delivered to Atlantic Builders standards of quality, timeliness, and cost-effectiveness.
- Inspect the work of each subcontractor daily to insure it meets Atlantic Builders standards. Document these inspections through the use of Atlantic Builders quality assurance punchlist manager program.
- Follow up with subcontractors and suppliers daily in the event of substandard workmanship, incomplete work, inadequate job site cleanliness, substandard materials quality.
- Insure that the job is ready for the subcontractor who will be working on it that day. This includes availability of materials, the completion of previous subcontractors work, and temperature control as needed.
- Notify Production Manager on a daily basis of the status of each home you are responsible for and achieve established cycle time goals.
- Obtain a Variance Purchase Order for any costs in excess of budget.
- Authority to approve variance Purchase Orders up to $500.00. Obtain cost variance Purchase Order approval from Production Manager for any costs in excess of $500.00.
- Notify Purchasing Manager of any materials variances and Production Manager of any time variances from budget so they may be tracked.
- Demonstrate knowledge of applicable building codes, zoning ordinances, Homeowners Association covenants, OSHA requirements, site plan analysis, storm water protection requirements, and other legal restrictions.
- Conduct Pre-Construction Meetings, Pre-Drywall Orientations, Pre-settlement demonstrations, and final walk through with the purchaser.
- Perform, or delegate to a Superintendent as necessary, the Pre-settlement Demonstration with the customer.
- Evaluate land considered for acquisition for potential problems related to topography, pad height in relation to road, drainage, broken curb, gutter utility placement, or any other considerations which may affect the purchase of the property. Communicate those findings to the VP of land acquisition.
- Identify walk-out lots and lots with unusual foundation, grading and/ or landscaping requirements, and communicate those findings to the Production Manager.
- Work with Superintendents, and Trade Partners to properly train them. Act as a mentor to them.
- Manage and direct Superintendents, and hourly employees. Approve and report hourly worker time to the CFO the Monday prior to payday. Segregate base, overtime, sick, vacation, holiday hours. Keep overtime worked by hourly employees to five hours or less per week unless previously authorized by Production Manager.
- Recommend hiring and termination of Superintendents, and hourly employees to Production Manager.
- Provide feedback to Production Manager on Trade Partner performance. Recommend to Production Manager Trade Partner, suppliers, construction techniques and materials and ways of grading and training subcontractors and suppliers.
- Participate in Trade Council meetings, and Trade Partner and supplier grading.
- Actively participate in weekly production meetings.
- Be able to deliver, at a minimum, four homes per month.
- Address and resolve community resident concerns.
- Work with Sales Manager to address and resolve purchaser concerns.
- Work with County personnel as necessary to resolve builder/community related issues.
-Responsible for job site security, safety, and cleanliness. Insure each home is locked up at the close of each work day and unlocked at the beginning of each workday.
-Conduct weekly customer calls with Sales Managers to update all customers on the progress of all homes under construction.
-Responsible for the follow up and release of any yard bonds and escrows retained on lots within designated communities.
-Capable of performing minor punch out items.
-Responsible to inspect and ensure all materials and work performed meet Atlantic Builders quality standards.
-Required credentials include- Responsible Land Disturber certification, First aid and CPR certifications, and OSHA 10 hour construction training.
Note: Atlantic Builders ownership reserves the right to change or modify the above job description at any time.
For more Information, please contact: